Same Day CEREC® is an answered prayer for a lot of busy individuals. Whether you have been given short notice to appear as a guest on a television show or you need to look great for your next interview, same-day dental crown procedures can be a life-saver. It allows you to go to a dentist’s office and walk out with your smile fully restored. The obvious advantages of same-day CEREC® are time-saving and convenient. However, there are other advantages that have made this procedure very popular. Furthermore, there are also a few disadvantages to consider.
1. Restore the function of your teeth immediately Your teeth affect your smile with how you talk and your eating patterns. If you get temporary crowns while you wait for a dental laboratory to design the permanent crowns, you will have to be careful when eating or talking. You even have to follow a specific diet so the temporary crown does not fall off. This is never the case with same-day crowns.
2. Prevents injury With traditional crowns, you have to wear a temporary crown for a few days. Unfortunately, this temporary crown does not always fit in your mouth and can come loose. This often causes injury or other issues. Same-day CEREC® reduces the risk of injury by giving you a crown that fits in one visit. CEREC® crowns also require less drilling, saving most of your tooth.
3. Saves you money Appointments and temporary crowns will cost money, even with insurance. By cutting your dentist visits by half and eliminating the need for temporary crowns, CEREC® crowns help you save money. Furthermore, for some people, fewer appointments and less time off work mean they get more opportunities to earn money.
4. Comfort The temporary crowns you get with traditional procedures are made from resin, and they rarely ever fit. This makes them very uncomfortable. CEREC® crowns consist of ceramic and fit perfectly, making them very comfortable.
5. Preventing decay Since temporary crowns sometimes come off, they make room for further decay of your tooth. This is never a problem with same-day CEREC® crowns.
1. Color matching CEREC® technology uses a block of ceramic to design your new crown. As such, the color may not match that of your natural teeth. This likely will not be an issue if you are getting a crown on a molar, but for a more visible tooth, it will be more obvious that you have had work done on your teeth.
2. Fractures below the gum line The CEREC® camera does not capture the image properly if your tooth’s fracture extends below the gum line. Furthermore, if this is the case, a traditional crown will be a better fit.
If you are a very busy person, multiple visits to a dentist for a dental crown are the last thing you want. Same-day CEREC® crowns make the process less complicated and a lot faster. However, the procedure has both advantages and disadvantages. Thus, it is important to discuss them with us before making a decision. Call (614) 459-3229 today to reach iSmile Dental Group LLC.
The Digital Smile Design tool is an innovative technology that enables our doctors to create the perfect smile …
Dental implants are metal posts that replace your tooth's root. They are inserted into your jawbone during minor …
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement option because they look and feel like real teeth. The implant …
Dentists, along with hygienists and dental assistants, are your first line of defense against oral health problems. They …
The food we eat affects more than just our waistlines. Everything that we put in our mouth can …
1151 Bethel Road Suite #301, Columbus OH 43220
Monday : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday : By appointments only.
Saturday : By appointments only.
Sunday : Closed